Your holy job

Your holy job

To paraphrase Doc Brown in Back to the Future, "Where we're going, we don't need any borders." Ten candidates from three chaplaincies in Belgium came together in Ghent for a memorable Confirmation service on 8 May 2016. There was also one candidate received into Communion with the Church of England. Besides crossing parish boundaries, the backgrounds of the candidates themselves reflected the diversity of our diocese, including Belgium, England, Ghana, Nigeria,  The Netherlands, The United States and Wales. 
Bishop Robert preached about 'borderlands'. He spoke about how the early church made a habit of crossing any and all types of human-made borders for the sake of the Gospel.  Help me to remember that I don’t know everything and that this is okay because the Holy Spirit understands it all. Fill me with the Holy Spirit O Holy Spirit, Jesus said, “Do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you what you should say” (Luke 12:11-12). 

Your holy job details

Help me to trust in You always. Help me to remember that with You, nothing is impossible and that You work everything according to what is good and I have my own expectations about what I should and should not do. I now surrender to You my ideas, my limitations, my preferences, and my goals. Fill me, HolySpirit, with all Your supernatural gifts! Empower me to accept and grow in the supernatural life as much as the early disciples did. I want to be useful to You. To paraphrase Doc Brown in Back to the Future, "Where we're going, we don't need any borders." Ten candidates from three chaplaincies in Belgium came together in Ghent. 
This was contrasted with current discussions in Europe about 'closing borders'. Ultimately, our citizenship as followers of Jesus is a heavenly one. The service itself reflected this new and ancient calling. Confirmed: Berthold Aman, Annie Bolger, Sharron De Coster, David Dusenbury, Ifeoma Ekunno, Happiness Egeonu, Ashley Frimpong, Bouke. Lord Jesus, You promised, “The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:26). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KTET Apply Online 2017